Why have a clean house?
A clean house helps keep your family healthy, makes you proud of your home, sets a good example for children and their friends, helps things last longer, helps you find things, and is safer.
What is considered good housekeeping?
You are expected to keep a clean and orderly home. Good housekeeping makes your home last longer, helps prevent fires and keeps insects and other pests away. You are expected to:
- Clean grease and spilled food from your oven and stove top after cooking.
- Don't let dirty dishes and dirty clothes pile up.
- Keep your floors, windows, counters and cabinets clean.
- Keep the inside and outside of your refrigerator clean by wiping it with a damp cloth regularly.
- Scrub your tub; shower and toilets as needed to keep them clean.
- Throw away your kitchen garbage and household trash every day.
- Prevent stains or damage to your walls.
Cleaning tips for residents.
The following cleaning tips are intended to help make your daily cleaning easier.
- Your oven, stove and range hood should be cleaned at least once a week. Wiping spills as they happen will make this much easier. If you are not sure how to clean your stove and oven, ask your Property Manager.
- Defrost your refrigerator (if it's not frost free). Be careful not to damage it with knives or other sharp tools, and don't use an electric defroster, or you may end up with a repair bill. Instead, turn it off before you go to bed and simply remove any ice and water in the morning.
- Bathroom sinks; tubs and toilets should also be cleaned regularly. Do not flush any objects such as hairbrushes, sanitary napkins, tampons or diapers down the toilet. If articles have to be removed from your sewer line, you could be charged accordingly.
What happens if I'm a poor housekeeper?
If your home is dirty, cluttered or otherwise shows poor housekeeping, you will be warned to correct the problems right away. You may also be required to go to special classes to learn better housekeeping habits. If the problem is not corrected, you may be evicted under your lease agreement for failure to maintain your unit for repairs.
Can I have a pet?
No pets are allowed.