Assist Director of Finance with day-to-day accounting duties. Review fiscal records daily, approve general ledger distribution in accounts payable process, and assist with budget and audit processes.
Essential Job Functions
A. Perform accounting functions, review tenant accounting records and other fiscal records
1. Reconcile bank statements.
2. Track daily bank deposits to receipts.
3. Approve G/L account distribution in A/P process.
4. Assist with monthly closing.
5. Track monthly budget variances.
6. Provide support for the annual audit of authority records by providing information and data, as
7. Assist in budget process and input budget into Yardi.
8. Payroll accountant and related duties.
9. Collect Certificates of Insurance from selected vendors for workers comp audit.
10. Vendor maintenance in Yardi.
11. Transfer money between bank accounts for intercompany payments.
12. Account reconciliations.
B. Provide procurement function for purchases.
1. Oversee Yardi A/P paperless system from purchase orders to final payment by A/P.
C. Other Accounting Services
1. Yardi resource for multiple individuals.
2. Gives employees ability to print own pay checks.
3. Gives employees ability to see own time.
4. Correct AP backlog when required.
5. Problem solve AP issues.
6. Audit AP runs for accuracy.
7. Trainer for scanning invoices and accounts payable processes.
8. 1099 reporting.
9. Add or change accounts and rebuild account trees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices
2. Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
3. Knowledge of business English
4. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
5. Knowledge of the principles of communication
6. Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
7. Ability to establish and maintain financial records using computer software
8. Ability to generate records, receipts, and reports efficiently using a computer and calculator
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements
10. Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate recommendations
11. Ability to understand and interpret housing authority and HUD regulations and procedures, and take appropriate action based on those regulations and procedures
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, architects, residents, HUD officials, and other local, state, and federal officials
Associates or Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance plus 2 years of experience in an accounting related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other: Valid Driving License
Ability to be insured under the Authority's vehicle policy
Ability to be insured under the Authority's fidelity bond
To apply please visit our office, located at 1706 Toomer Street, Opelika, AL 36801 or complete an application on our employment page.