Website of the Year
Opelika Housing Authority Wins AAHRA Website of the Year, Medium HA
Opelika Housing Authority was awarded the 2022 Website of the Year (Medium HA) by the Alabama Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (AAHRA) at their 2022 Annual Conference in Gulf Shores.
Established in 1940, the Alabama Association of Housing & Redevelopment Authorities, (AAHRA) has been at the forefront of the housing industry pushing for decent, safe and sanitary housing for the low-income citizens of Alabama and has grown into one of the largest and most respected housing associations in the country!
Launched in the Summer 2021, our new responsive website allows site visitors to easily navigate the website no matter what device is used for viewing (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone).
Our website is designed to provide transparency and access to vital information for our families, commissioners, business partners, community stakeholders and the general public.
Some of the features/functions on our site include:
- Calendar of Events - The Calendar of Events features a home page feed showing 3 upcoming Calendar entries with a link to the main calendar that offers categories of events for easy search.
- Custom Form Builder - Allows for Opelika Housing Authority to create Custom Forms for Residents, Community Partners, and Staff that can be completed and submitted online.
- Communities Map - Check out Affordable Housing properties on the interactive embedded Google map
- Publishing to subscribers via text/email - a great way to stay informed about things happening in the Housing Authority and its communities. - Sign Up Sign Up for News - Those interested in subscribing can sign up on the website & can also (at any time) change their subscription or unsubscribe.
- Additional pages include: Board of Commissioners, Careers, Housing, Maintenance, Residents, Resources, and Staff.
We encourage all residents and community members to visit our site often; we update frequently with new information that will benefit all.
Through our partnership with our website provider, Brooks Jeffrey Marketing Inc., we are proud to have a website that is an asset to our agency and residents.
Since 1949, the Opelika Housing Authority has provided housing assistance for people with low and moderate incomes. OHA provides housing assistance for families, elderly, veterans and disabled individuals through a variety of programs.
Stay up to date with Opelika Housing Authority by signing up for updates here.